Pepper and Mommy

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Getting Ready To be a Married Single Parent.

I know I haven't been updating this as much as I should, but since my husband is leaving in 6 DAYS, I'll have a lot more time...

So, now I'm in the process of getting everything ready for him to leave. My first order of business was making a playroom. Since I only have a two bedroom apartment, how did I accomplish that? I moved K's "big boy" bed into our bedroom. This solves plenty of dilemmas for me. The first one is that I'm a hard sleeper, and I'm worried about K getting out of the apartment when I'm sleeping. The second dilemma that this solved was how to put two kids to bed at the same time. Since I still co-sleep with P, I lay with her in our bed until she falls asleep. We can all snuggle up together and read our good-night books until its lights out time. K can hop over to his bed and know I'm still in the room with him while he's falling asleep.

The playroom now holds their clothing, toys, and diapers. I have a small plastic table and chair set that should be here today(!). We can spend most of the day in there, and if I let them, they can even eat in there. I'm not sure about that quite yet..

I'm working on finalizing my weekly meal plan, and it should be done by this weekend. One of the cool things I added to my meal plan, is a shopping list on the next page of my spread sheet. When I add a meal to my planner, I can just scroll down and add the ingredients I need to buy during my weekly shopping trip. Right now I have my meal plan set up for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner; I'm thinking of making one that includes snacks too, but I'm not sure yet.

Right now in my notebook, I have a master list of things I like to cook organized by main ingredient, (Chicken, Beef, Pork, Pasta, Egg.. etc) So I can go through my list and plug things in there depending on what's on sale, and make sure I still vary their diet. While my cooking isn't the healthiest yet, I like to think of it as a work in progress. Every day I'm finding new recipes to add to my collection, and new healthier options. I anticipate by the time David comes home, I'll have added an entire new diet to our list!

I look forward to seeing where this adventure takes my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment